All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also this user name and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - Recommend using your Agency Name as your User Name - watch for an email to set your password, check spam)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.
NOTE: Do not use Internet Explorer when submitting your application!
Be sure to click "SAVE DRAFT" frequently, you will be able to return and work on the application as time permits. Be sure to click "SUBMIT" when completed, you will not be able to access completed submission, but you will be sent a copy of your submission.
Applications are due by Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 4 pm.
All reviews will be done during the May 9-20 2022 window. Your organization will be contacted with your date and time for your review by Melissa Clements.
SCOPE AND NATURE OF REQUEST FOR FUNDING
United Way of Henderson County is committed to collaborative solutions for a healthy, thriving community. United Way seeks to implement strategies to achieve system changes with measurable results for three fundamental areas: education, health and income. These system changes will be achieved through program funding, organizational support, advocacy and convening the community to address critical issues.
Funding for grants provided through this APPLICATION process comes from donations from community members and local businesses. Programs must demonstrate results through outcome attainment as well as fiduciary responsibility.
APPLICATIONS must clearly focus on outcome-based programs that address the issues defined in one of United Way’s identified priority areas:
- Education: Helping Children, Youth and Adults Achieve their potential
- Health: Improving Physical and Mental Health
- Income: Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Workforce Development: Skills Training and Job Development
- Basic Needs: Food, Clothing, Supplies and Housing
Applications will be considered for funding based on the following:
- Henderson County’s Need
- Impact on Henderson County
- Opportunities for Collaboration with other Organizations
- Ability to Secure other Funding
- Potential for Measurable Outcomes/Results
- Correlates to the mission of the United Way of Henderson County
- Current Campaign Year allocation dollars raised
REVIEW PROCESS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Applications will be selected for funding using an extensive review process by the community investment team. Final recommendations for funding will be made by the community investment team and approved by the United Way of Henderson County Board of Directors.
Review by United Way Community Investment Team volunteer(s)
United Way Community Investment Team Volunteer(s) will certify all applications upon deadline submission date.All Applications must be complete with all requested information by the Application deadline (date and time).
Community Investment Team
A panel of community members will evaluate and assess each funding Application using the criteria outlined in the Application guidelines. The community members will be selected for their expertise in community issue areas and will represent a diversity of interests and professional experiences.
United Way may enter into negotiations with potentially successful applicants and may require significant modifications to the original application. Prior to approval by the board of directors some applicants may be required to submit additional information or amendments.
The funding allocated through the United Way of Henderson County for 2022 will begin on July 1, 2022 and end on June 30, 2023. This will be an annual funding cycle.
All organizations receiving funding must adhere to United Way of Henderson County’s Standards of Affiliation and Financial Reporting Requirements. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of funding.
United Way of Henderson County funds and supports high quality programs that address identified health and human service needs. Activities must provide direct and demonstrable results that are valued by the community.
HOW ALLOCATION WORKS
- Agencies/Organizations Apply for United Way Funds
- Applications must meet United Way application criteria / guidelines
- Community Investment team (community volunteers) review applications and visit agencies /organizations
- Community Investment Team make funding recommendations
- Community Investment Team Chair presents recommendations to UW Board of Directors
- United Way Board of Directors make the final allocation decisions